The corporate-controlled media won’t give him an equal platform with the other four declared candidates in the Kitchener-Waterloo riding, so Jason Erb did, with his August 19, 2012 interview of Ontario Libertarian Party candidate, Allan Dettweiler, on the August 19, 2012 episode of Exposing Faux Capitalism.
The following issues were discussed:
- The three most important issues for Kitchener-Waterloo residents, which he identified as health care, education and jobs.
- How residents and health care professionals can be empowered with proposals like allowing for individuals to pay for their primary health care, which every other country in the world allows except for Cuba and North Korea, given that the current system has failed, with the specific examples of a near-closing of a major hospital’s emergency room despite a government-mandated health care premium, and local residents having to buy an MRI machine with private funds.
- How the Ontario Libertarian Party’s educational voucher proposal would increase educational options for parents and their children, and could be a solution to the divisive religious schools funding issue that the major parties have failed to redress.
- The proper role of government.
- Respecting the constitutional division of powers between the federal and provincial governments, which maximizes personal freedom, as I had touched on in my article, Two major factors that keep Canada’s federal government on a tighter leash than that of the United States.
- Free trade deals and tariffs.
- Whether the provincial legislature should bar municipal governments, like Waterloo’s, from redistributing private property, as I had discussed in my article, Waterloo City Council’s mixed message on property rights.
- The frequency of municipal elections — every two, three or four years?