In their December 31, 2011 editorial, A Happy New Year and Many New Schemes!, Daily Bell founder and Editor-in-Chief, Anthony Wile, wrote:
“First, allow me to wish all our readers and viewers a happy new year. This has been a year of growth for our modest publication, and we regularly receive upwards of 20-25 million hits a month.“
It’s likely an honest mistake on their part, in saying month instead of year. However, I saw two comments on the number, and they responded, not indicating any realization that the number is definitely incorrect for the timeframe of a month.
There’s no way they are getting 20-25 million hits a month, as Mish Shedlock’s globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com site was ranked far higher by Alexa.com, in the 14,000th to 35,000th range in 2011, while the Daily Bell has fluctuated between the 30,000th to 100,000th range, and Mish’s stats show he had 21,262,533 page hits for all of 2011.
For more on The Daily Bell, see my articles:
1) Daily Bell interviewee Ingo Bischoff undermines their basis for a free market in money, saying such a thing doesn’t even exist
2) The Daily Bell, whose founder “continues to advise and consult to large international banks,” claims Zionism isn’t support for a Jewish homeland specifically in the biblical lands
3) Daily Bell interviewee challenges their Anglo-American narrative
4) The Daily Bell critically examines the Anglo-American establishment, yet what about some of their contributors?
5) Strange bedfellows: The Federal Reserve and The Daily Bell