Here are 10 questions I have for Lew Rockwell, founder of the government-regulated and tax-exempt Ludwig von Mises Institute, and founder of the purported “anti-state” site, LewRockwell.com:
1) Why did you enter into a voluntary agreement with the very same government you said is “far worse than the mafia?”
2) When there were prominent voices asking for information about who wrote the racially-charged Ron Paul newsletters, with some pointing the finger at you, why did you engage in the very Washington-style politics you decry and provide little to no transparency and say it was “ancient history“, and a smear campaign?
3) Why did you excise the last paragraph from Paul Craig Roberts’ April 2008 article, “What the Iraq War Is About”, implicating Israel’s interests as the primary reason for the 2003 Iraq War, despite your webmaster posting it to his own site, antiwar.com?
4) When serious questions were being raised by 2006 about the official 9/11 government conspiracy theory, why didn’t you regularly give prominent space on your “anti-state” site to these voices, and aggressively question the propositions underlying the attacks that have most served to aggressively expand the power of the state?
5) Why do you regularly promote a so-called free market gold standard, when your most prominent writer, Gary North, admits that such a thing has never existed throughout history?
6) Why do you continue to regularly publish Gary North’s articles in light of him making claims like gold coins produced by the U.S. and Canadian Mints aren’t money, or can’t even be bothered to respond to fellow Austrian School associate, Walter Block?
7) Why are you selectively publishing Paul Craig Roberts’ and Michael Snyder’s articles? That is, when they make good pro-state arguments, why do you censor them like Saul Alinsky advocated, in not presenting valid arguments, even though they may undermine your case?
8) Why don’t you allow comments (potential negative criticism) on your site? (as of December 27, 2013, this remains the case).
9) Why did you say money is something you can use to buy things at Kroger’s (implying that government-issued currency really is money), despite making a career out of blasting government, and saying gold is real money?
10) Why did you claim that Murray Rothbard founded libertarianism, when the Merriam-Webster dictionary shows that it was a defined concept two centuries earlier?