As further evidence of the “say one thing, do another” mentality of some Austrian adherents, like Lew Rockwell, in claiming to be anti-state, yet voluntarily entering into an agreement with government, here we have Lew Rockwell’s self-described “anti-state” site regularly posting state media articles by Russia Today.
Amazingly, as of January 3, 2014, LRC has published 63 articles by the state broadcaster and publisher, Russia Today! — and with their permission. (Why bother seeking permission of an entity you regard to be illegitimate?)
Here was the latest one, on January 3, 2014: “US the Biggest Threat to World Peace in 2013”
If the U.S. is the biggest threat to world peace in 2013, I ask again: why did he and other founders of the Mises Institute enter into a voluntary agreement with it?
For more on Lew Rockwell’s anti-state credibility problem, see my articles:
1) 10 questions for Lew Rockwell
2) Lew Rockwell promotes the government-granted privilege of concealed-carry more than the natural right of open carry
3) Lew Rockwell admits government-issued currency is money, despite making a career out of blasting government
4) Lew Rockwell.com’s latest pro-state article
5) Lew Rockwell entered into a voluntary agreement with the same government he regards as “far worse than the mafia”
6) The Ludwig von Mises Institute hates government so much, they’re a government-sanctioned and regulated tax-exempt organization