From this January 25, 2014 New York Times hit piece against Rand Paul and Mises Institute associates, Lew Rockwell told a New York Times reporter who requested a tour of the Mises Institute campus that he’s “part of the regime“, yet Lew Rockwell himself is the Chairman of a government-sanctioned and government-regulated institution, the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt Ludwig von Mises Institute.
Despite the claim that tax money is better off in the hands of its donors, and the analogy given by Rockwell and other anarcho-capitalists that it is valid and even a moral duty for an individual to seek to pay as little taxes as possible, it doesn’t hold in the case of the Mises Institute, since it was created by Lew Rockwell and others voluntarily entering into an agreement with government, whereas individuals are being taxed on the basis of their very natural existence.
For a close examination of Lew Rockwell’s anti-state credentials, see my articles:
1) 10 questions for Lew Rockwell
2) Lew Rockwell entered into a voluntary agreement with the same government he regards as “far worse than the mafia.”
3) The Ludwig von Mises Institute hates government so much, they’re a government-sanctioned and regulated tax-exempt organization.
4) Austrian economics is big business: The Mises Institute’s $22 million war chest
5) Self-described anti-state LewRockwell.com regularly posting state media articles by Russia Today
6) Lew Rockwell promotes the government-granted privilege of concealed-carry more than the natural right of open carry